Friday, February 6, 2015

The Barter System by Shayne McClendon

Honestly I am not quite sure how to form into my words my emotional reaction to this novel. It was a masterfully created story, where the heroin is unlike any other you've crossed paths with before in the book world. She is strong, and fierce, yet introverted and emotional. You will feel her pain to your core!

As you journey through each "Subject" you fall in love, you root for them to stay together, your pray that he is "fixed", and you wish him happiness with another if it can't be her. You are devastated to see him go. You remember him as you meet the next man and began the roller coaster of emotions again. and did I mention this book is HOT HOT HOT! Like my kindle is on fire, I need an extinguisher, Hot!

Picking a favorite, is a challenge. Each man brought something different to the table. A different piece of him that made him exceptional, and made you love him. It makes the shocking ending that much more believable because despite the outrageousness of it for the stereotypical "norm" it also makes perfect sense. It's that have your cake and eat it too philosophy, because damnit I'll eat the whole thing if I want to.

Shayne has done an absolutely brilliant job with this novel that will leave you in awe as you follow the path Riya sets out for herself and leave you wanting "more", and wanting to do it all over again. I would recommend this book to anyone on the hunt for a scorching hot, emotionally stimulating, enlighting book about the ties of love and sexuality.


 
for more about Shayne visit her on Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment